Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mulhearn Family

Today I had the opportunity to photograph a very special little girl and her family. Little Stella is a beautiful 2 year old girl with an adorable smile. She is special to everyone who meets her because she can instantly steal your heart away. She is so smart ... and talks better than my 4 year old does. She loves her bunny and marshmallows :) Her brother Davis is the perfect big brother ... he knows exactly what to do to get a smile out of his sister. In fact, I think he keeps the whole family laughing when he dances a jig around the house. I even got to see some of the performance! Amanda and Travis are excellent parents. They love their kids and would do anything in the world for them.
Stella has medulloblastoma, a form of cancer. They found this out not long ago at the end of October and in a very short time, Stella has had brain tumors removed in surgery and is scheduled to start chemo next week. I want everyone who reads this blog to take a minute to say a prayer for this adorable little girl. From everything I've heard about her, she is tough and a fighter. I pray God's peace to cover her parents in the months to follow.
After taking her photo today, I came home to my 10 month old little girl and 4 year old son. I hugged them tight thinking all the time of what it would feel like to have my children go through such a hard time. I can't imagine. Literally, I can't think about it without welling up with tears.
To Travis and Amanda - you guys are wonderful parents and I feel honored to get to photograph your precious family. You're smiles and amazing faith show that you're not giving up ever.

Here is a link to Stella's CaringBridge Site.